Aerial Rigger, Telecommunications
About the Role
If you want to be part of something big in the exciting and dynamic world of global telecommunications, come and join our team. Excel Group is a Network Services and Solution provider and we’re looking for Aerial Technicians and Riggers to join our tower team. As an Aerial Rigger, you are responsible for assisting the site foremen and lead–hand in all aspects of managing the construction and maintenance of communication towers, installation of various tower components, and oversee the quality and safety of their other crew members.
• Preparing rigging equipment including beams, pulleys, clamps, and bolts.
• Communication Tower and Cell Site installation and routine maintenance
• Installation and testing of telecommunication equipment (cellular antennas, microwave antennas, transmission lines and connectors).
• Antenna modifications and additions
• Perform tests to locate transmission faults and repair or replace defective equipment on the tower
• Performing general ground procedures and activities required for the construction of sites
• Maintain tools, company vehicles, equipment and inventory.
• Identify safe working conditions and take a proactive approach to maintaining them
• Scheduling, resource management, health & safety, material management, and driving overall successful project completion
• Performing all duties in a safe, diligent, and careful manner; operating with strict compliance with relevant Occupational Health and Safety policies, rules, and requirements for all work performed
• Minimum 3 years of Aerial tower climbing, rigging, and rappelling experience is required
• Valid Ontario Driver’s license with a clean abstract and a reliable vehicle is required
• Experience with general wireless construction including installation of equipment, steel mounts, cabinets, cable tray, conduit, microwave, power equipment, batteries, and grounding systems.
• Experience with cable systems including fibre optic, data, copper, and power
• Canadian or international experience with wireless carriers and major equipment vendors including Ericsson, Nokia, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Huawei.
• Ability to read and interpret site plans, engineering and construction drawings
• Ability to work in a full body harness on rooftops and/or towers.
• Physical strength and the ability to work in a full body harness on rooftops, with steel, and climbing towers.
• Valid Working at Heights certificate.
• Fall arrest and protection certification
Success in the Role
• Telecom troubleshooting experience preferred
• Ability to interpret engineered drawings and knowledge of fibre and DC Drawings
• Good physical condition and comfortable working at heights
• Mechanically inclined
• Reliable and trustworthy with a positive attitude
• Valid Driver`s license, willing to travel
• Regular hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, however some flexibility is required
• Year-round, hands-on work on rooftop cell sites and towers
• Work outside, at heights or in confined spaces
• Heavy lifting, manual work and proficient use of installation tools
• Work with a team of 3-5 technicians on a range of projects including site build, maintenance, upgrade, and decommission
• All extra Covid PPEs provided, maintaining distance on job sites
Working with Excel
Excel offers a generous and competitive employee benefits package including:
• Extended Health Care
• Vision Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Long-term Disability
• Life Insurance
About Excel Group Inc.
Founded in 2001, Excel provides our customers across Canada and the United Stated a full turnkey service offering including material management, network design, engineering, deployment, integration, and network maintenance. As one of Canada’s leading and most trusted Network Services and Solutions providers, Excel delivers a broad spectrum of industry-leading and best-in-class design, infrastructure, and connectivity solutions.