March 15, 2021
Wage: $32.00 to $36.00 /hour
We are looking for a licenced journeyman electrician to be an integral part of our fast-growing electrical division. We offer a friendly and dynamic workplace where you can truly fulfill yourself and have a real impact on reaching goals as a team! The ideal candidate will have solid skills in troubleshooting and a good knowledge of proper safety procedures. If you want to be part of something big in the exciting and dynamic world of global telecommunications, come and join our team.
• Installing electrical infrastructure in commercial / construction environments
• Bend conduit, install lighting, install devices, install and troubleshoot disconnects, install and troubleshoot panels/switchboards.
• Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
• Run tests on electrical components to ensure a safe and effective installation.
• Inspect electrical systems and equipment for any damage, malfunctions, and safety hazards.
• Document actions, testing results, observations, final diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for each job or situation.
• Repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components, wiring or devices.
• Determine the steps necessary to assess an electrical situation using testing devices, blueprints and maps.
• Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and through reporting violations of policies, procedures, and guidelines to immediate supervisor.
• Answer emergency calls quickly, assess the safety of the situation upon first arriving at the scene and provide directions to individuals affected by the electrical emergency to ensure their continued safety and comfort.
• Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely; report any issues to immediate supervisor.
• 5+ years of experience with309A Master License in the commercial and/or industrial sectors.
• Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
• Ability to read electrical prints/schematics.
• Ability to safely operate power / hand tools and all related safety equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of safety procedures, legal regulations, and guidelines.
• Strong knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code.
• Must have a full G driver license with clean drivers abstract.
Success in the Role:
• Possess exemplary leadership skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
• Create bill of materials, quotes, etc.
• Strong knowledge of local electrical supplies/pricing.
• Possess strong independent trouble shooting skills.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Working at Heights certification is considered an asset.
• Regular hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• Flexible to work both day and night shifts as required.
• Job sites all over southern Ontario, mostly GTA.
• HQ located in Vaughan, Ontario.
• Heavy lifting, manual work, and proficient use of installation tools
• All extra COVID-19 PPEs provided, maintaining distance on job sites.
Working with Excel
Excel offers a generous and competitive employee benefits package including:
• Extended Health Care
• Vision Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Long-term Disability
• Life Insurance
About Excel Group Inc.
Founded in 2001, Excel provides our customers across Canada a full turnkey service offering including material management, network design, engineering, deployment, integration, and network maintenance. As one of Canada’s leading and most trusted Network Services and Solutions providers, Excel delivers a broad spectrum of industry-leading and best-in-class design, infrastructure, and connectivity solutions.